Dazed and confused? Not me. I’m just Lost in the Cheese Aisle.

Saturday, September 3, 2011

SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE GREEN FRIEND

Green Friend

Williams-Sonoma is one of my favorite places for kitchen gadgets and Foodie Exotica.

They’re past masters at the art of repackaging. They can take ten cents worth of cupcake mix, stick it in a fancy box with a retro design, and sell it for $12.95 to suburbanites with more money than brains. But I give them credit for having pretty much any cooking-related device I might decide I need... including a fine array of top-quality colanders.

(You’d think they would set up a perimeter when they see me coming, but no. Not yet, anyway.)

And here’s something I never thought I would need: a Hulk spatula. Pancakes wouldn’t dare stick to the griddle with one of these around.

3 comments:

Fiona Kathleen Hogan said...

always funny... but I have to confess that the goatee absolutely rocks :))

BobG said...

You look like an extra from Mad Max.

Dame Edith Divine (Valerie Elson) said...

I feel right at home.