Dazed and confused? Not me. I’m just Lost in the Cheese Aisle.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

UNFAMILIAR TERRITORY

Some time back, I posted a photo of my bathroom scale, which displayed a number I hadn’t seen the likes of in a long, long time.

It’s now a little less than two months later, and Mr. Scale has once again entered unfamiliar territory. Unfamiliar, that is, by virtue of the fact that we haven’t visited it for several decades.

Scale 080410

Holy crap - below 170! Fully thirty-eight pounds less than I weighed four months ago.

[Just in case you’re curious, I’m right about where I want to be, with a BMI below 24. As long as my morning poundage is below 174, I’m happy.]

Yesterday, just for shits ’n’ grins, I pulled an old pair of pants out of the basement. Last time I had tried to put them on, I could barely get ’em up over my knees. Now, they fit perfectly.

How old are they? I suspect that they’re the oldest article of clothing I own. Black, with a slight flare below the knee, they have a vague aura of the early 1970’s about them. Which only makes sense...

...because they were the pants I wore to my college graduation.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Program works!

Houston Steve said...

Didja notice that th' space between yer big toe and yer index toe on yer right foot is bigger? Now ya got more space fer toe jam! And thanx fer leanin' back when ya took th' pitcher like ya did the last time.