Dazed and confused? Not me. I’m just Lost in the Cheese Aisle.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

ICED TEA TSUNAMI

Has this ever happened to you?

You’re drinking a nice big glass of iced tea... perhaps at home, perhaps at a restaurant at which you are enjoying dinner with a group of friends.

You pick up the glass and bring it to your lips, tilting it so that the tea can flow freely toward your eagerly waiting mouth.

That’s when the bed of ice cubes in the glass, temporarily frozen together into a single lump, decides to break apart in a manner similar to a glacier calving an iceberg, causing a tsunami of iced tea to leap out of the glass and onto the front of your shirt.

Has this ever happened to you?

Naw, it’s never happened to me, either.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

With me it always spills onto the crotch of my pants, making it look like I had an accident ... which, of course, I did.

Fiona Kathleen Hogan said...

Heh, of course not.

On a separate note, I tend to spill down my boobs. Not Good.

Bou said...

Well, it now has a name... iced tea tsunami!

JT said...

We call it an ice avalanche, avoided by use of a straw. My husband yhinks straws are childish and girly, thus he frequently wears his beverage.

JT said...

*thinks*

Holder said...

It tends to happen after lunch, in front of my students. I cover it up by quoting lines from the classic, "Airplane".

Houston Steve said...

So when didn't this happen to you?