Dazed and confused? Not me. I’m just Lost in the Cheese Aisle.

Thursday, April 25, 2013

GETTING PICKLED

Pickled Brussels sprouts
Pickled Fart Balls Brussels sprouts... the perfect garnish for a Fartini, perhaps?

Stand around in my kitchen long enough, and you might get pickled, too.

No, it’s not Adult Drinkage I’m talking about (for once).  I’m talking about shoving stuff in jars and covering them with hot vinegar brine.  Yummy.

Assorted Pickles
An assortment of pickled goodies. From left to right: Fresno peppers, red onions, Brussels sprouts.

They’re refrigerator pickles, meaning that I just covered the various veggies with hot pickling brine without going through the ritual of water-bath canning... which simply means they need to be kept in the fridge.  No big deal.

These all taste better if they have a chance to marinate for at least a day, but I’m almost not inclined to wait.

No comments: