The iPod d’Elisson, AKA the Little White Choon Box.
Ferien is a delightful German word for “vacation.” I call it delightful because it is, deep down, not German at all - it’s borrowed from the French term faire rien - to do nothing. It’s the perfect vacation activity!
Today being the first day of SWMBO’s summer vacation, what better time to post a Friday First o’ Ferien Random Ten? So let’s see what the Little White Choon Box has queued up for us today. Hint: there ain’t a whole lot of Beach Music, vacation or no...
Philosophy - Ben Folds Five
- Goin’ Away to Sea - The Klezmatics
- My Shit’s Fucked Up - Warren Zevon
Well, I went to the doctor
I said, “I’m feeling kind of rough”
“Let me break it to you, son
Your shit’s fucked up”
I said, “My shit’s fucked up?
Well I don’t see how”
He said, “The shit that used to work
It won’t work now”
I, I had a dream
Ah shucks, oh well
Now it’s all fucked up
It's shot to hell
Yeah, yeah, my shit’s fucked up
It has to happen to the best of us
The rich folks suffer like the rest of us
It’ll happen to you
That Amazing Grace
Sort of passed you by
You wake up every day
And you start to cry
You want to die
But you just can’t quit
Let me break it on down
It’s the fucked up shit
Yeah my shit’s fucked up
- One Way Out - The Allman Brothers
- Improvisation No. 2 - Django Reinhardt
- Star Trek Rhapsody - Weird Al Yankovic
- Act II, Scene 1: Look Down at the Earth - John Adams, Nixon in China
- Cold Duck Time - Les McCann & Eddie Harris
From the brilliant “Swiss Movement” album, recorded live at the Montreux Jazz Festival in June 1969.
- Aalafiya/Shir LaShalom - The Afro-Semitic Experience
- How to be Dumb - Elvis Costello
Post a Comment