Dazed and confused? Not me. I’m just Lost in the Cheese Aisle.

Friday, May 31, 2013

FRIDAY FIRST O’ FERIEN RANDOM TEN

The iPod d’Elisson
The iPod d’Elisson, AKA the Little White Choon Box.

Ferien is a delightful German word for “vacation.” I call it delightful because it is, deep down, not German at all - it’s borrowed from the French term faire rien - to do nothing. It’s the perfect vacation activity!

Today being the first day of SWMBO’s summer vacation, what better time to post a Friday First o’ Ferien Random Ten?  So let’s see what the Little White Choon Box has queued up for us today.  Hint: there ain’t a whole lot of Beach Music, vacation or no...
  1. Philosophy - Ben Folds Five

  2. Goin’ Away to Sea - The Klezmatics

  3. My Shit’s Fucked Up - Warren Zevon

    Well, I went to the doctor
    I said, “I’m feeling kind of rough”
    “Let me break it to you, son
    Your shit’s fucked up”

    I said, “My shit’s fucked up?
    Well I don’t see how”
    He said, “The shit that used to work
    It won’t work now”

    I, I had a dream
    Ah shucks, oh well
    Now it’s all fucked up
    It's shot to hell

    Yeah, yeah, my shit’s fucked up
    It has to happen to the best of us
    The rich folks suffer like the rest of us
    It’ll happen to you

    That Amazing Grace
    Sort of passed you by
    You wake up every day
    And you start to cry

    You want to die
    But you just can’t quit
    Let me break it on down
    It’s the fucked up shit

    Yeah my shit’s fucked up
    Fucked up


  4. One Way Out - The Allman Brothers

  5. Improvisation No. 2 - Django Reinhardt

  6. Star Trek Rhapsody - Weird Al Yankovic

  7. Act II, Scene 1: Look Down at the Earth - John Adams, Nixon in China

  8. Cold Duck Time - Les McCann & Eddie Harris

    From the brilliant “Swiss Movement” album, recorded live at the Montreux Jazz Festival in June 1969.

  9. Aalafiya/Shir LaShalom - The Afro-Semitic Experience

  10. How to be Dumb - Elvis Costello

It’s Friday. What are you listening to?

No comments: