Dazed and confused? Not me. I’m just Lost in the Cheese Aisle.

Friday, June 21, 2013

REFRESH YOURSELF...

...with a nice cold glass of limonana.

Limonana!

I mentioned limonana in a post I wrote last year after having returned from the Holy Land, where this combination of lemonade and mint is (justifiably) popular.  It is remarkably refreshing on a hot summer day, and since this is the first day of summer in the northern hemisphere I figured it was worth revisiting.

We make our limonana from Crystal Light lemonade mix, thus avoiding unnecessary calories.  To that we simply throw in a goodly handful of fresh mint leaves, muddle them up a bit, and let sit in the fridge for a few hours to infuse.  (Our friends Barry and Malka have a hyperproductive little mint garden; drinking limonana, for them, is a way to keep from getting buried alive in the rapidly growing herb. And we benefit from the surplus.)

Give it a try on the next warm afternoon - you’ll be glad you did!

2 comments:

Yabu said...

I've always grown a bunch of mint. It won't stop growing...it's a weed, and I'm downtown it. Ever tried to get rid of it?

Carole said...

Ellison, just popped over to let you know that your link to Food on Friday: Breakfast was featured in my Need Some Inspiration? Series today. Hope you are having a good week.