A Honeywagon is, as most of my Esteemed Readers know, an ironically named tank truck designed to pump out the contents of cesspools and septic tanks, which contents in no way, shape, or form resemble honey. But Honeywagon sounds so much better than Shit-Truck, am I right?
If you’re making your living in that sort of business, I suppose it helps mightily if you have a sense of humor about it. (Also, it is best if you lack a sense of smell.)
Years ago, when She Who Must Be Obeyed and I made our home in Trumbull, Connecticut, we were amused to see a honeywagon that was labeled “The Little Yellow Stool Bus.” Here are a few other legends and slogans that have embellished similar vehicles...
- A Flush Beats a Full House
- Satisfaction Guaranteed - or 110% of Your Product Back!
- Turd Burglar
- CAUTION - This Truck Contains Obama’s Stimulous (sic) Package
- Thanks for flushing our business down the drain
- Yesterday’s Meals on Wheels
- BACK OFF - We Ain’t Haulin’ Milk
- Got Poop?
- Your number 2 is our number 1!
What amusingly named Shit-Trucks have you seen?