Dazed and confused? Not me. I’m just Lost in the Cheese Aisle.

Friday, February 14, 2014

A VALENTINE VALEDICTORY

The estimable Velociman writes a Valentine’s Day tribute to his father, who passed away thirty years ago this day. Perversely enough, it was a myocardial infarction - a heart attack - that did him in.

The Senator has been the subject of many of V-Man’s finest writings. Though he has been portrayed as somewhat curmudgeonly from time to time (mostly for comic effect, I suspect), it’s clear to me that a deep and abiding filial love is at the root of every word.

“I see all these Valentine hearts, and they are wonderful. My dad had a heart almost big enough for the world, but far too big for him.”

Go read the whole thing.

1 comment:

Erica said...

I caught his post yesterday morning. Quite moving stuff, that. As many members of the Southeast Writers' Conference might attest: That sumbitch sho' can write.