Dazed and confused? Not me. I’m just Lost in the Cheese Aisle.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

ANOTHER MILESTONE, OF SORTS

Today was a Day of Significance. A minor milestone. Today marks the first time I used my senior discount at Publix, the local superdupermarket.

Saved me a whole $2.90, it did - five per centum of my total purchase.  Whoop-de-fucking-do.

The sweet thing? All I had to do to earn it was to survive unto the age of sixty.  I guess it’s one of the little perks that comes with being, ahhh, a little bit closer to death.

The not-so-sweet thing? Damned cashier didn’t even ask for proof of age. It was Wednesday - Old-People-Buying-Food-Day - and so she just assumed.

Bitch.

2 comments:

Kevin Kim said...

Ah, the hazards of senescence.

BobG said...

I'd be happy to get a senior discount, but all the businesses around here don't count it until you're 62.