Dazed and confused? Not me. I’m just Lost in the Cheese Aisle.

Monday, October 31, 2011

EREV KOL KEDOSHIM

Well, if it were our holiday, that’s what we would call it.

But no. It’s just plain Hallowe’en.

Today I got to spend most of the day in a Golfer Costume, whacking a small white ball around the eighteen holes of the Standard Club. Now I’m trying to write a post while fielding a myriad of interruptions by prepubescent children (and some postpubescent ones, too) ringing the doorbell and asking for candy with the Ritual Invocation that is at once both request and veiled threat: “Trick or Treat!”

She Who Must Be Obeyed took the whole Hallowe’en Getup business much more seriously:

Addams Family
SWMBO and a few of her colleagues dressed up as the Addams Family.

As for me, I’ll just work my way through my Ridiculous Headgear collection as I answer the (incessantly ringing) doorbell. Right now it’s the Top Hat.

No comments: