Dazed and confused? Not me. I’m just Lost in the Cheese Aisle.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

MORNING RITUAL

Hakuna Atop Her Pad

Traditions and rituals play an important role in human lives, but they are by no means exclusive to us. Cats have their rituals, too.

Take Hakuna, for example. She has established a regular practice of sitting atop her scratching pad in the morning. When we arise, we will inevitably see her perched upon that pad, posed pensively, to await her daily battle with the Red Laser Dot.

It is exceedingly rare for her to sit on that pad any other time of the day.

You may theorize that she likes the pad because it has been warmed by the morning sun, but that fails to explain why she can be found there well before sunrise. If you have any other ideas, feel free to share ’em!

3 comments:

BobG said...

Trying to figure out the minds of cats or women is what drives men crazy; don't try if you value your sanity.

DogsDontPurr said...

My cat has distinct rituals too. I can almost tell time by her. She also has a mind bending ability to get me to do what ever she wants. Is it time for dinner? I get The Stare. Is it time for combing? I get The Stare. Etc, and so on. But these things are always on a definite schedule. She has me trained!

Rahel said...

Ah, Hakuna... sigh....

What a beautiful cat.

Lady had her rituals, and Kitten has his. Yes, they do train us well!