Dazed and confused? Not me. I’m just Lost in the Cheese Aisle.

Sunday, March 4, 2012

THE CHEESE AISLE DICTIONARY, Vol. 10

Still more stuff that should be in the dictionary but isn’t.

Long-time readers of my previous site may recall the Blog d’Elisson Dictionary, installments of which may be found in that site’s Archives.

For other entries in the Cheese Aisle Dictionary, simply click on the sidebar link for Cheese-Dic.

And now for the Word of the Day...

tabula rasta [ta-bu-la ras-ta] (n) - A freshly-erased blackboard. From the Latin tabula (slate) and rasta (an adherent of the Rastafari religious movement).

“I know I’m weird, but I love the first day of school. There’s nothing like coming into a classroom with clean desks, new books, and a tabula rasta.”

2 comments:

Ole Phat Stu said...

When fish are in schools they sometimes take debate.

El Capitan said...

I'm just not getting this one... Maybe it's 'cause all my chalkboards in school were dark green slate...