Dazed and confused? Not me. I’m just Lost in the Cheese Aisle.

Sunday, March 4, 2012

THE END OF AN ERA

I was saddened to learn, somewhat belatedly, of the passing of Nardo, the last remaining member of “The Fab Fur,” Laurence Simon’s original gang of kitties.

It was not quite seven years ago when I first had the pleasure of meeting the Simon cats - Edloe, Nardo, Frisky, and Piper - in their very own domicile.

Those were sweet days. Matata still stalked the planet back then, and all was right with the world.

Alas, time marches on. Nothing is permanent, and the all-too-short lives of our Animal Companions will serve to remind us of this bitter fact when we refuse to admit it to ourselves. And now, the Fab Fur belong to the ages.

Ave atque vale, Nardo. May memories of good times with you - and the loving attention of Myst and Bruwyn - comfort Laurence and Gina.

The late, great Nardo receives a skritch from Yours Truly.

4 comments:

R. said...

ty

-ls

El Capitan said...

Well, that's a shame. I'll miss reading about the Mighty Thumbed Hunter.

How'd you find out? LS shut down IFOC a few weeks back.

Elisson said...

@El Capitan - A few cryptic tweets from Laurence in his Second Life persona (Crap Mariner) made me curious, so I hopped on over to his SL blog where I found the story in a week-old post.

It really is the end of an era, alas.

Fiona Kathleen Hogan said...

I've followed the man for eons.... found him because of his kitties.... To hear of each kitty's passing, as time went by, is very sad indeed.

You're absolutely right, it's the end of an era.