Dazed and confused? Not me. I’m just Lost in the Cheese Aisle.

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

THOUGHTS ON THE TWELFTH OF NISAN


Our mom Bernice, z''l (1927-1988).

It’s been twenty-eight years since she has shared this world with us, and there isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t think of her.

The photograph above is one of my favorites, having captured just the smallest whiff of her vivaciousness. If you knew her, you’d know what I mean... and if you didn’t get to know her, alas for you.

Sometimes I wonder how much of my personality came from her and how much from Dad. My sense of humor is probably 99.8% Eli. The other day, Dee saw me react to something or other and immediately said, “What you just did? That’s Eli.”

But when I pick up a book? That’s Mom. I like to think that she’s there, invisible, looking over my shoulder whenever I read.

2 comments:

Kevin Kim said...

Alas for me, indeed. A mindful remembrance to you. Peace and blessings.

Omnibabe said...

If I could give you another day with her for one less of mine, I'd do it in a heartbeat, because I know you'd do the same for me. Mazeltoff.