Dazed and confused? Not me. I’m just Lost in the Cheese Aisle.

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

TOODLE-OO, TUCO

Eli Wallach, R.I.P.
Eli Wallach (1915-2014) in his iconic role of Tuco in The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

Tuco has gone on to the Great Shoot-’Em-Up in the Sky: Eli Wallach, the actor who portrayed him in The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, has died at the age of 98.

Wallach, strangely enough, was one of the first celebrities I actually saw in the flesh. And he had the distinction of sharing my own daddy’s first name, Eli. How could I not like the guy?

Requiescat in pace, Mr. Wallach. Regardless of what Tuco may have said, I hope you never feel the Devil bite your ass.

[Tip o’ th’ Elisson fedora to Velociman for the image.]

1 comment:

Kevin Kim said...

So the Bad and the Ugly have passed away... that leaves only the Good, and his time is coming, I fear.