Dazed and confused? Not me. I’m just Lost in the Cheese Aisle.

Friday, March 4, 2011

FASHIONS IN SPAM

Fashions in spam, just like fashions in clothing, tend to come and go: Change is the only constant.

Lately, it seems that the spam commenter bots have fastened upon the “flattery” concept, the theory being that if you suck up to the blog owner, he or she might not delete your bullshit spam comment.

Wrong-O.

All of these comments use the same basic template, the only variations being the fake name at the end and the particular spam site it links to. Here are a couple:

It was rather interesting for me to read that post. Thanks for it. I like such topics and anything connected to them. I would like to read more soon. Fakename Smith [link]

It was rather interesting for me to read that blog. Thank author for it. I like such topics and anything connected to this matter. I would like to read more soon. Fakename Jones [link]

The people sending these things out clearly don’t read much English, as is evident from the fractured syntax and/or the stilted wording. Do they really think that giving the site owner a verbal blowjob is going to save this crap from Deletion With Extreme Prejudice?

Here’s a modest suggestion to anyone who tries to plug their websites with spam comments or trackbacks: Go fuck yourself and die, already.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeeezz! Sorry, I won't compliment your blog anymore!

-Morris William

K-nine said...

It was rather interesting for me to read that blog. Thank you for it. I like such topics and anything connected to this matter. I would like to read more soon. K-nine http.www.Deaddogwalkin.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I was expecting a lady wearing potted meat ..

Unknown said...

Amen. and LMAO @ K-Nine.

I got about 50 of those today on Kennedy's blog. Argh.