Dazed and confused? Not me. I’m just Lost in the Cheese Aisle.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

LOLA

I met her in a club down in old Soho
Where you drink champagne and it tastes just like cherry cola
C-O-L-A cola
She walked up to me and she asked me to dance
I asked her her name and in a dark brown voice she said Lola
L-O-L-A Lola
Lo-lo-lo-lo Lola...


- Ray Davies (the Kinks), “Lola”

Lola

When we were down in Florida last week visiting Eli and Toni, we had a chance to meet their kitty Lola.

Sammy, the previous Animal Companion resident at Chez Eli, passed away in early July 2009. I suspect that, even as we speak, she is hissing, spitting, and otherwise terrorizing the creatures on the far side of the Rainbow Bridge. But a house that has been home to a cat feels very empty without one, and so Eli and Toni adopted Lola several months ago. She has shown herself to be a sweet-natured beast, even willing (at times) to present her vulnerable fuzzy belly for a few skritches from Eli.

Sweet-natured she may be, but I can’t call her by name without hearing that damned Kinks song in my head...

Update: Friday Ark #329 is up at the Modulator. And don’t forget to drop by Meowsings of an Opinionated Pussycat, where Nikita will host Carnival of the Cats #364 this Sunday evening.

1 comment:

Ellen Whyte said...

Haha, your brain works like mine. Saw Lola and the song started in my head too. Nice post. Meow from Malaysia! http://blog.lepak.com