Dazed and confused? Not me. I’m just Lost in the Cheese Aisle.

Monday, January 24, 2011

SEE MY BEARD...

Bearded Elisson
...ain’t it weird?

I stopped scraping my face during the Great Atlanta Wintry Weather Event two weeks ago, out of an admixture of laziness and curiosity. It had been some six-plus years since I last had any substantial amount of Facial Hair (pencil-thin moustaches notwithstanding), and I wanted to see how much more salt had crept into the salt-and-pepper.

Having a hairy face is a morning Time-Saver, that’s for sure. It also allows one to economize on razor blades and shaving cream.

A beard distracts the observer’s gaze from the thinning hair atop my head, simultaneously hiding a multitude of chins. It allows me to cultivate a Rabbinic Demeanor, conveying a certain sense of maturity, experience, and - dare I say - a scholarly, learnèd appearance.

Of course, one could say that I just look like a grizzled old goat, too.

[I may or may not keep it. Been there, done that, as they say. Once that pile of snow by the driveway is gone, any Face-Hair is fair game.]

8 comments:

Kevin Kim said...

Rabbi Connery?

Jeffro said...

Getting a little itchy by now?

Anonymous said...

Keep it .. it rocks.

PQ said...

All you need now is a shabby old trench coat and a bottle in a brown paper bag.

Kris said...

Oh, Elisson, please keep it!!! I'm not always a fan of the facial fur, but that looks REALLY good. I mean it. I love it. Obviously, you gotta obey SWMBO, but if she's agreeable, you really oughta consider embracing your hirsute self.

Wait. That might not've come out the way I intended.

Rahel Jaskow said...

I agree with Gradual Dazzle. The beard, he looks good on ya. If SWMBO agrees, please consider keeping it!

BobG said...

You've got almost as much silver in your bear as I do. And your hair is doing fine; what little is left of mine is gray, also.

Anonymous said...

As I learned in my middle twenties a full beard and a bent briar pipe lend an otherwise pencil neck nerdy type dude a perceptible demeanor of worldliness and sophistication. And it's much less work than actually developing some worldly sophistication.

Gerry N.