Dazed and confused? Not me. I’m just Lost in the Cheese Aisle.

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

BACK TO THE FUTURE

A bloggy buddy of long standing - the estimable Bakerina - introduced me to a remarkable website: Thrilling Tales of the Downright Unusual.  Sort of like James Lileks meets Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow meets Epic Mickey.

The best part?  There’s a page (the Pulp-O-Mizer) where you can design your own retro-pulpified magazine covers.  Here’s one:

Strange World
Attack of the Spambots: Looks like the future is now.

This is the kind of site that can provide hours and hours of dopey amusement.  Its creator, one Bradley W. Schenck, has a unique skill set and artistic vision... and if part of the website is designed to sell merch (calendars, coffee mugs, posters, cards, T-shirts, iPad cases, et alia), I can hardly blame him.  Who can count how many hours went into creating the amazing design and graphics of Retropolis?  Well played, Mr. Schenck!

1 comment:

leelu said...

...you owe me a few hours back outta my life for that one!!