Dazed and confused? Not me. I’m just Lost in the Cheese Aisle.

Friday, July 16, 2010

FRIDAY RANDOM TEN - EVIL EYE EDITION

Stink-Eye
The ol’ Stink-Eye: Notice the whacked-out, noncircular pupil on my left eye. No fun, this iritis business, I assure you.

It’s Friday, time for yet another installment of the Friday Random Ten. You know the drill: ten randomly-selected cuts from the Cheese Aisle-Pod, posted for your listening pleasure. (Assuming you have the same songs in your Musical Library, that is, which is unlikely given my bizarre taste.)

Today’s selections are not, however, random. Instead, we will explore the themes of Vision and Eyes, since my left one is, (how can I put this delicately?) all fucked up. So, let’s see what’s playing today:
  1. The Eyes of Fate - The Incredible String Band

  2. Her Eyes Are A Blue Million Miles - Captain Beefheart and the Magic Band

    I look at her and she looks at me
    In her eyes I see the sea
    I can’t see what she sees in a man like me
    She says she loves me

    Her eyes

    Her eyes
    Her eyes are a blue million miles

    Far as I can see

    She loves me

    Her eyes

    Her eyes
    Her eyes are a blue million miles

    Far as I can see

    She loves me

    I look at her and she looks at me

    In her eyes I see the sea
    I can’t see what she sees in a man like me
    She says she loves me

    Her eyes

    Her eyes
    Her eyes are a blue million miles


  3. I Believe My Own Eyes - Tommy, Original Broadway Cast

  4. Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison

  5. Reting’s Eyes - Philip Glass, Kundun

  6. You Won’t See Me - The Beatles

  7. I Can See For Miles - The Who

  8. Sound and Vision - David Bowie

  9. Smoke Gets In Your Eyes - Stéphane Grappelli

  10. She Blinded Me With Science - Thomas Dolby

It’s Friday. What are you listening to?

2 comments:

Kevin Kim said...

Any word on when the problem might clear up? I see that the all-seeing, all-knowing Wikipedia contends that acute iritis (and I assume yours is the acute form, not the chronic form) can "heal independently within a few weeks." Is that what your doc said?


Kevin

Elisson said...

Not quite. Yes, acute iritis can heal independently, but the possible consequences of an untreated case that does not heal independently can be quite severe.

Therapy consists of steroid drops (to reduce inflammation and knock down immune response - the condition is considered an autoimmune disorder); and dilation drops to help ensure that the iris does not attach itself to the lens.

At first, my eye would not dilate at all. Now, it's dilating a little... but it has a ways to go.

Trust me: you do not want to get this. But at least it's not contagious!