Dazed and confused? Not me. I’m just Lost in the Cheese Aisle.

Monday, February 17, 2014

I SHOULD BE ASHAMED... BUT I’M NOT

Ancho Chile-Cinnamon Brownies
Ancho Chile-Cinnamon Brownies.

I should be ashamed of myself for making these. Fortunately, I have no shame.

They're intensely chocolatey, with a nice cinnamon undertone and a pronounced burn from the ancho chile and cayenne pepper with which they are dosed. (Any four-year-old Aztec will tell you that chocolate and chile play well together. Now go out and find me a four-year-old Aztec.)

In case you’re curious, I have managed to give most of these bad boys away. I wanted to taste ’em, but I need a pile of brownies in the house like I need a third ass-cheek. And if I were to eat enough of ’em, I could very likely grow a third ass-cheek.

No comments: