Dazed and confused? Not me. I’m just Lost in the Cheese Aisle.

Friday, May 17, 2013

POST-SHAVUOT FRIDAY RANDOM TEN

The iPod d’Elisson
The iPod d’Elisson, AKA the Little White Choon Box.

As I was casting about for something to post today, I remembered that it was Friday - the perfect day for a Friday Random Ten!  It is no longer a weekly habit, this business of posting a list of ten songs spewed out randomly by the Little White Choon-Box on shuffle mode... but it can be amusing.  To me, anyway.

Let’s see what’s playing today, shall we?
  1. Where To Now St. Peter - Elton John

    From Tumbleweed Connection, still one of my favorite Elton John albums.

  2. You - Radiohead

  3. The Oldest Baby in the World (Live)  - John Prine

  4. Black Suits Comin’ (Nod Ya Head) - Will Smith

  5. Natiivit - Alamaailman Vasarat

  6. Duet - Natraj

  7. Roll Over Beethoven - The Beatles

  8. Bay Bondye Glwa - Boukman Eksperyans

  9. My Blue Heaven - Django Reinhardt

  10. The Low-Down White - Jean Shepherd

    Yes, the selfsame Jean Shepherd whose short stories were cobbled together to make A Christmas Story.  Here we have him reciting a Robert W. Service poem, a performance that is familiar to anyone who has spent time with our friend Eric.
It’s Friday. What are you listening to?

No comments: