Dazed and confused? Not me. I’m just Lost in the Cheese Aisle.

Monday, August 29, 2011

MORNING REFLECTION

Getting old: everybody wants to do it, but it’s a bumpy fucking ride. - She Who Must Be Obeyed

Every day we get up in the morning; every day we are increasingly displeased by what we see in the mirror staring back at us. There’s a new wrinkle here, a tiny imperfection there, and the gradual cumulative effects of time and gravity are ever-present. Hitherto unfamiliar infirmities lurk.

But I figure if I can still make it into the bathroom to see that baleful reflection, things just Ain’t All That Bad.

3 comments:

Claude said...

You're right. It Ain't All That Bad...even at 81!

And my Montréal sister, at 95, walking erect, her hair well done, a dab of French perfume on her neck, her mind alert, would also tell you, "Malgré tout, ce n'est pas trop mal, M'sieur Elisson!"

Richmond said...

It's all good... Besides, when it's all said and done it's best to feel like you *had* a ride, rather than not. :)

BobG said...

I've always said that any day you can get out of bed without help is a good day.