Dazed and confused? Not me. I’m just Lost in the Cheese Aisle.

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

THE SCHOLARLY SWINE: A 100-WORD ABSTRACT


[Photo courtesy of Jerry Wiley.]

Back when I was a student at a certain university in central New Jersey, one of my colleagues in the Chemical Engineering department kept a pet pig.

We had known that pigs had a reputation for being smart beasts, but this one was exceptional. His owner Neil taught him to use a specially modified keyboard, and after only one semester he was actually able to ace problem sets in thermo and quantum mechanics. I thought it was funny… until the damned pig got better grades in high-energy physics than me. Asshole.

What did we call him? Neil’s Boar, of course.

1 comment:

Kevin Kim said...

Groan.

Damned souls in hell are writhing and thrashing just a wee bit harder thanks to that punchline.

When it comes to jokes, all men do eventually become their fathers.