Dazed and confused? Not me. I’m just Lost in the Cheese Aisle.

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

THE ATHLETIC APHORIST: A 100-WORD GROANER

With a running start, she jumped onto the slender handrail and slid twenty feet, then vaulted over a low stone wall, landing on her hands. Maintaining a perfect handstand all the way, she made it down two flights of concrete steps.

“You can lead a horticulture, but you can’t make her think!” she exclaimed.

Reaching the bottom, she dismounted by cartwheeling her way to a ten-foot drop onto an eight inch wide wall. Sticking the landing, she quipped, “I’d rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.”

Nobody combined movement and wit quite like Dorothy Parkour.

2 comments:

The Maximum Leader said...

Very clever. Though I must admit my own often poor spelling skills and say that I thought "Parkour" was actually spelled "Parcoeur."

Elisson said...

Thanks, ML!

Re the spelling, you assumption is natural (par coeur = by heart), but the etymology of the word is different. It's from parcours du combattant, a form of French military training, with minor spelling changes to give the word more impact.