Dazed and confused? Not me. I’m just Lost in the Cheese Aisle.

Sunday, September 16, 2012

ROSH O’ TH’ SHANAH

Sure, and it’s fast approaching... Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year.

Round Challah

Here are a couple of fresh-from-the-oven challah loaves, baked in the traditional turban-style round loaves that signify the great Wheel of Time, the eternal cyclicality of the years.  Some say that the round shape represents the crown worn by the Almighty, King of the Universe.

Symbolism, schmymbolism.  I say it’s tasty good.  (I suppose we’ll find out for sure this evening.)

May your New Year be Tasty Good as well!

4 comments:

Kevin Kim said...

Happy New Year, to you and yours.

Bou said...

Happy New Year!

Bones is happy. He doesn't have school tomorrow. His Catholic School educated brothers do. He thinks it's hilarious.

BTW, did I tell you that Mo is moving 10 minutes from you?

BobG said...

Those look amazingly tasty.

Elisson said...

@BobG - Based on how the one on the left was received at dinner last night, I'd say that my first attempt at a round challah was a roaring success.

Nothing beats a hunk of fresh-baked challah with butter and honey. Unless it's two hunks.