Dazed and confused? Not me. I’m just Lost in the Cheese Aisle.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

OVERHEARD AT THE CHICKEN PLACE

Just in case you think LeeAnn is the only one who is exposed to bizarre Slice o’ Life Dialogue in the course of her daily toils, here’s an actual conversation that was overheard - and reported verbatim - by one of the Mistress of Sarcasm’s friends while grabbing a quick meal at a local KFC outlet:

Chicken-Loving Patron: Gimme a 21-piece bucket of chicken.

Cashier: Is that for here or to go?

Chicken-Loving Patron: Mutha Fucka! How I’m gonna eat 21 pieces of chicken here?

Cashier: Bitch, I don’t know your life!

6 comments:

Gerry N. said...

Ahh, civility. The counter staff at my local Kaintuck Biled Buzzard are all polite, civil, and personable. Most times I get a real, honest to G-d smile. Perhaps it's the location. I live in the NW corner of WA State, less than two miles East of the salt chuck, a place where people have actually been seen to accelerate to traffic speed on freeway on-ramps.

Randy Rager said...

Just Damn!

I used to eat at the KFC locations here in Cincinnati, but they've taken a decided turn toward the inedible in recent years. With both Popeye's and Lee's Famous Recipe locations in town, I simply don't feel the need to abuse my taste buds with KFC's crap any more.

Lee's is by far the best fried chicken I've eaten, bar none.

The Other Elisson said...

What if the cashier turned out to be the director of operations at KFC posing as a cashier-in-training for an episode of "Undercover Boss"? I wouldn't be surprised given the quality of the food.

Fiona Kathleen Hogan said...

Oh wow - perfect pairing for counter staff and customer :o

Jerry in Texas said...

Check and checkmate. Nicely played.

Elisson said...

@Jerry - Chickmate?