Dazed and confused? Not me. I’m just Lost in the Cheese Aisle.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

IS THAT WHAT I THINK IT IS?

Brussels Sprouts on the Hoof
Branch from a Booger-Bush? Or Venusian vibrator?

No, it’s not a Booger-Bush branch... or an Alien Sex-Toy. It’s Fart Balls on the hoof!

Them Brussels sprouts may look like little bitty cabbages, but they sure don’t grow like cabbages.

I’ll be snipping those little fellers off and roasting them... a nice side to go with the pan-seared hanger steak I’m fixing for supper this evening.

Postscriptum: I did indeed snip ’em off and roast ’em with a bit of olive oil and a sprinkle of kosher salt... but SWMBO applied the magic touch in the form of a drizzle of fig-infused balsamic vinegar. That sweet-sour layer of flavor made all the difference!

2 comments:

Laura said...

I LOVE roasted Brussels sprouts! I love to char all my veggies.

Laughing Wolf said...

Love those things, and still mad the local rabbits ate my plants (all of the garden actually) this year... That sounds delicious.