Dazed and confused? Not me. I’m just Lost in the Cheese Aisle.

Tuesday, April 24, 2018

SINFONIA MAGNETICA

Getting an MRI is unlike most people’s daily experiences... unless one’s day consists of lying uncomfortably supine while being shoved into a narrow tube and being subjected to an array of buzzing, clanging, and whanging sounds that would do Edgard Varèse proud.

It’s not much fun, but at least it doesn’t involve having objects inserted into various Bodily Orifices. So there’s that.

And it’s an opportunity to demonstrate one’s ability to take a nap under adverse conditions. If people can snooze on the New York subways, how hard can it be to sleep in what may be likened  to the bastard offspring of a casket and a giant metallic doughnut?

As for results, we’ll just have to wait, won’t we?

Postscriptum: As my friend Mr. Bogner points out in the comments, I may not have had an object inserted in me, but I was, rather, inserted into an object. I suppose one could think of it as the metaphysical inverse of a colonoscopy.

2 comments:

Kevin Kim said...

I don't know what you got scanned for, but I hope the results are as positive as can be. Please keep us updated.

treppenwitz said...

I echo Mr. Kim's sentiments.

But in the back of my mind I can't help wondering how you missed the symmetry between having something shoved inside you... and having you shoved inside something else.

Either you were very worried, or you are seriously slipping, my friend.