Dazed and confused? Not me. I’m just Lost in the Cheese Aisle.

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 - AVE ATQUE VALE

It has been my established Bloggy Tradition - as traditional as ten years can make anything - that on the final day of the year I write a post that outlines the various high and low spots of the previous twelvemonth. Triumphs, tragedies, events both personal and global in scope: all grist for the year-end blog-mill.

But this year, I’m not going to do that.

Similarly, I’ll apologize to all the folks - friends and family alike - who await our annual snail-mail Family Newsletter with breathless (hah!) eagerness, for there will be none forthcoming. I am just not in the mood. (Besides, does anyone really give a shit about all that stuff?)

Yes, this year had its bright moments... but on balance it was one vast pile of suckage. And so I will not glorify it any further, but await the beginning of a new one and pray that it is better. Optimist that I am, I believe (whether foolishly or not) that it will be. That it must be.

Twenty-fourteen, fuck you and goodbye.

Twenty-fifteen, I sure hope you represent a major improvement over your immediate predecessor.

That is all.

2 comments:

Kevin Kim said...

Happy New Year!

Saehae bok manhi badeusaeyo!
(New year happiness much receive!)

Alas, a Turkish-American friend of mine told me that "bok," far from meaning "happiness," means "shit" in Turkish.

You're right: 2014 was a bok-ish, bok-ful, bok-acious year, for sure. May your 2015 be much, much better.

LeeAnn said...

I agree wholeheartedly, or would it be holeheartedly if the year just chewed a hole in you?.... anyway, dithering aside, hope you have an excellently cheesey 2015.